Forsaken World End's Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of Forsaken World End guild.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nag's FW made easy!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naglfar

Naglfar

Nag's FW made easy! Empty
PostSubject: Nag's FW made easy!   Nag's FW made easy! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:55 am

In my time before I was kicked from End, I made several guides and walkthroughs, so this will be a continuation of that thread with original and new posts...

I will post more and more as is needed and as I get around to them.
Back to top Go down
Naglfar

Naglfar

PostSubject: Re: Nag's FW made easy!   Nag's FW made easy! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:12 am

Being one, it only feels right to be making a near flawless Venom Assassin guide... So here it is:

Boss Killers - Made Easy!

Ok, let me first congratulate you on making what I feel is the most fun class in FW. Having said that, you're in for one of the worst social experiences of your MMO career, because on this server, EVERYONE hates veno sins. This is because of the reputation they've built for themselves, by failing at everything they try. This is where I come in to save your build...

The Guide

Now first off, let's talk about your role in a team. At high end and in PvP, people will look to you for some crowd control, which means take out the mobs as quickly as possible, by any means. Through skills alone, you're able to debuff, DoT, sleep, DPS, Slow (as movement, as opposed to attack spd, or w/e), and through talents you're able to further these skills to a specialty (duh). So try to focus on what your specific goal is - For me, raw DPS for the boss killer.

As a veno sin, your DoTs are your damage, unless you plan on PvP build (on a PvE server?... really?). Don't let anyone fool you, high cap damage and crit rate is a different build entirely (Edge) - Your DoTs are where it's at for this build. Having said that, lets take a quick look at the talent tree, and what I've got, just as an example.

Nag's FW made easy! Sin1
Nag's FW made easy! Sin2

Right away you'll look at the amount of talents... Obviously I'm not all the way through yet, and will revise accordingly later on if need be. Now, take a look at the first set of talents chosen. You'll see that they're automatically geared towards raw power, and DoT damage. For example instead of + piddly damage to your pathetic first lvl smash, we go with orb effectiveness on your finishing strike. It doesnt seem like much at first, but wait til you see some talents later on... The plan for this build is consistent damage as high as you can get it, so don't waste your time with any unnecessary CD talents, MP reduction, shadow effects, etc..., but keep your focus on the DoTs and finishing strikes.

You'll notice some of the talents give the chance for additional orbs per skill use - AVOID THESE TALENTS. Reason being that once you get far enough along in the tree, you'll be spamming skills so fast the finishing strikes won't be cooled down quick enough for those to be utilized. It may seem like a good idea because later you can use two finishers quicker, but actually theres talents that go up to 80% chance that these orbs are NOT consumed. To me, this is much more effective because if I can use two finishers back to back, thats more damage than waiting for orbs to refill, and then using them because of the CDs. Having said that, there's also talents that increase the effectiveness of the orbs on your character, so keeping those orbs alive is vital to your DPS in combat - the more often your orbs disappear, the less effective you are as a sin. +170 attack to your character as a whole at 4 orbs? Plsnthy! (= +3.5 ragefire 2s to your character!)

Moving down the list, you'll see skills that seem useless once you buy them, such as Toxic Strike or Darkness Poison. What these types of skills do is attach themselves to other skills, so they play a vital role in your DPS as well. So with Toxic Strike, at the mid section we're looking at 2 DoTs, and 1 debuff coming with your first finishing strike, by lvl 45 - Not bad huh? With poison, ALL of your darkness skills come with an additional DoT - Can't beat that. It seems like small amounts of damage at first, but think about the long run... In endurance fights, free DoTs play a vital role.

Towards the bottom of the list is where venos will differ. Theres not enough talents to go around just yet, so we have to pick and choose whats best for our play style. I'm not there yet, but the plan as it stands is to go with the debuffs later on, because the other talents gear towards CDs, and PvP, which as I said earlier are fairly useless to the build because of the finisher strike CDs and your ability to spam the crap out of the skills that generate orbs... and this build isn't for PvP (duh). For example, I would rather lower the boss' defense and attack by 15%, than increase my personal attack by 30, but thats just me - I'm all about the boss hitting the ground ASAP, and a team player.

In the end, of course you're going to have some talents to play with here and there, and those go to whatever your want (note even I have CD talents), but remember your focus at all times, and try to think of the long run. Remember that this is just a guide for what I've found extremely effective, and make your character your own.

The Summary

Now what's goin on here is that you've got a high output DPS character that also debuffs whatever you're killing - The mobs are NOT going to like what you're doing back there. You're going to be spamming skills like they're nothing and generating a lot of agro towards the middle of the fights, when your orbs are more stable and your DoTs have settled in. What will happen is most people your lvl won't be able to hold unless they're a prot or pro warrior. This means that you'll be tanking a lot of the time, unless you have a good, consistent team you regular with. Pots will be a pain in the neck (my record without intention is 300+ in one day, before drinks and food), repairs will be a constant, and other DPS/healers won't want you around. This makes for an aggravating gaming experience, a high maintenance character, and hard to find a team sometimes, but personally, I'm used to being a broke ass lone wolf anyway. In the end, even if you're underpaid like myself, you're going to be frowned on by many for this much dmg output, and made to look like an arrogant bastard. Don't let em get to ya, it's just part of playing a boss killer.

Guild Wars and You

That's it for the obvious ones so far, but here's the tricky part... Once you get involved in wars, you'll want to change your focus to versatility or PvP effectiveness - That's NOT what this build is about. What will happen if you do this is you will effectively have a hybrid, hybrid sin (because veno is the hybrid of the trees), who is LESS effective in wars than other DPS classes, ruling you out as a top choice. Yes you can sleep them which is cool, yes you can hide pretty good which is cool, but the focus is gone and the purpose of the sin is gone. Without being a hybrid you can still utilize your shadow skills in war, and still be an effective killer if you can manage to keep your orbs up. I'm not big on wars, and haven't participated in many yet, so I'll revise this post on that matter, with tactics and all as I gain more experience in that field.
Back to top Go down
Naglfar

Naglfar

PostSubject: Re: Nag's FW made easy!   Nag's FW made easy! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:15 am

The Sole Survivor - Made Easy

The quest actually begins with killing a handful of griffins off in Haze Wilderness, but the problem is the next part. The temple priest asks you to talk to Heinz, who is behind you if youre talking to the priest. After that begins the part called Sole Survivor, and the unexplained madness that's plagued End for the few days...

So - Step 1

Finish killing the griffins and return to the priestess

Next, talk to Heinz (like I said, right behind you, that should be obvious), and then he sends you on a quest with no tracking, and useless information to lead you there.

Step 2

Take the path NORTH out of town, and follow past the Medusa critters blocking the way to the ruins to the north.

on the map it will be where the black circle is at
Nag's FW made easy! Map

What the ultimate goal is, is to essentially observe the ruins and report back to Heinz. To do this you have to stand in a certain spot. Once you get to the ruins, stand atop the stairs and wait for the popup window to appear and just accept the quest option.

top of the Stairs
Nag's FW made easy! End-1

After accepting the quest option, report back to Heinz and then the priest. The quest finishes here and now you're able to report back to the guild base for your contribution.

Simple when ya know how!
Back to top Go down
Naglfar

Naglfar

PostSubject: Re: Nag's FW made easy!   Nag's FW made easy! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:44 am

By request, here's a guide for a PvP sin...

First off, let me say that I don't personally play one, so this is mostly speculation and hypothesis, so if need be, play around with it and make it yours.

To start, I'll remind you that shadow sins have NO skills to preserve orbs, raise cap dmg, increase DoT effectiveness, or aid the team, so this entire tree is basically what everyone assumes a sin to be all around. So, this build is geared towards exploiting one of the options it DOES have, being their evasion, hence the lack of crit%+ talents and + to base damage. Moving on, this build is for pure PvP, and i DON'T recommend it for this server, because people will never want you for anything other than the arena... even in wars, for some reason people prefer Edge sins - idk why.

Well here goes nothin' ... The talents I would personally use, and after debate, made sense, are as follows with the amounts that would be used:

ghost shadow 5
throat cut 3
assassination mastery 4
swift evasion 4
accuracy boost 4
evasiveness 3
advanced shadow protection 4
rapid attack 3
sense of motion 1
eyes of shadow 1
speed of darkness 1
shapeless 4
shadow snare 1
stealth theory 4
contract of blood 2
focused meneuver 3
advanced contract 2

For a total of 49 points, leaving you with 2 points left to play with by lvl 70.

Rapid Shadow will be your key skill in this build, because you're skipping over the CD talents. With rapid shadow active, you will have NO CD with your 2 main skills, and later on (by lvl 50) you will be able to reset your finishing strikes. With your evasion talents up, your CDs for those will be reduced, as well as more effective on your character as a whole. Your only fault will be your ability to generate orbs, which means your hits will be for pennies, so I can't stress how important keeping your Rapid Shadow up will be.

As for the tactic in PvP, it will vary from class to class depending on their build and class. For Prots, your Shadow Protection and Deadly Chaser will be your best friends, and the fight will be boiled down to whoever can last longer. Prots have ACC+ skills and MASSIVE DEF and HP, so keep them away, keep them slept, keep them DoTed, and keep your EVA up. They will wake with the first hit inflicted, so use the time you have to get away making space for your Deadly Chaser, time to allow your Shadow Protection to recast, and giving you time to pot up if need be. With warriors it will vary heavily with build, and I really can't offer any tips for them except if they have high DEF/HP, it will be like fighting a prot that hurts like hell, so treat them as such. With the other classes, you're relying completely on your ability to avoid hits, and using their mana against them. If you choose to boost your Deadly Chaser, you can stun them, and you can sleep them and allow yourself more time to pot up, refresh your finishers, etc... but to be honest, I would assume you would be better off keeping casters/mm close up and bee stinging them to death with Rapid Shadow.

Again, I don't personally PvP on this game (der... it's a PvE server), so I'd like to reiterate that this is a hypothesis based on speculation and debate. So hope this helps with your builds, and hope you enjoy the sin class and all it has to offer.
Back to top Go down
Naglfar

Naglfar

PostSubject: Re: Nag's FW made easy!   Nag's FW made easy! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:53 am

By popular demand, and blatant idiocy!

Glistening Lowlands - Made Easy!

The goal is simple, push the crystals around to make different combinations of larger crystals, to push into the giant crystals, in order to spawn the boss. It takes 20 points to spawn the boss, so as a general rule of thumb, have the Large green crystal ready by the 15th point. Cyans definitely come in handy if it turns into an endurance fight, or if the boss decides he wants to run around a bit more than usual. The boss strategy? Tank and spank - Nuff said.

Here's a few fun facts that I've gathered both through experience and ruthless research.

TRICKS YOU DON'T KNOW - Tried and true

1 - By gathering 2 crystals in a close enough range without touching, you can actually create two large crystals at once by pushing a third between them. Caution: This has a chance of consuming all 3 crystals, and yielding no large crystals, so use this trick at your own risk.

2 - (To be continued) I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but we've gotten two of the little crystal eaters to actually start attacking the boss. After some research, others have as well, so the validity is solid, the execution is the question... to be continued.

3 - Every now and again (or every time if your name's Naglfar >< ) you'll get a few crystals that seem to have their own intentions... If your crystals are goin directions you don't want them to, you can actually turn them manually by preparing a normal attack, and cancelling it. This may take time to perfect, but tried and true, it works. This does not, however, counter the bug that makes them appear to be in one spot when they really are not - Keep that in mind when trying this. As a side not, if this is not working for you, you probably either do NOT have agro of the crystal (yes they agro people), or your pet is hitting it as well.

Controversial, STFU!

This next bit of info came from the official forums and has NOT been edited yet, get off my back about what you may think is false. Some have been tried and are accurate, others have not yet.

Crystals and the boss:

As a rule of thumb -

Small crystals will buff the boss, you do not want this to happen.

Big crystals will debuff the boss, you want this to happen.

Green crystal pushed in boss - you get massive attack buff for 3 min.
Purple crystal - boss gets less healing debuff (not sure what for)
Blue crystal - boss gets defense debuff
Cyan - makes him loose his self buffs.
Yellow - Stuns?
Red - EITHER DoTs the boss, or adds to his attack (Randomly). More than one crystal at once cancels the previous' effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nag's FW made easy!   Nag's FW made easy! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nag's FW made easy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forsaken World End's Guild Forum :: Forsaken World :: Guides-
Jump to: